So How Does Hiring a Freelance Writer Work?
If I’m not coming into your office to work with you and your staff, the freelance work flow generally follows these basic steps:
- After a telephone or email discussion to talk about your project, I’ll give you some questions to think about and, if necessary, we’ll schedule a follow-up phone call, meeting or email.
- When you’re ready, I’ll ask a LOT of questions to make sure I know exactly what you want and need, and the best way to provide the service that you and/or your customers will appreciate.
- Next, I’ll provide a bid letter which details what the project entails, timelines, estimated costs and what we can expect from each other.
- Once my first draft is completed, I’ll send it to you for a predetermined number of edits or re-writes.
- Once the edits and/or re-writes are complete, we’ll both sign off on the project.
- Payment is at completion for small projects. For larger projects, usually half the payment is made up front, the other half on completion. (Other arrangements may be negotiated.)
Give me a call or send an e-mail to set up an interview or meeting! Thanks for visiting!